|Artificial Intelligence||Computer Science||Mathematics|
|Artifical Intelligence||Project Course||Applied Algebraic Topology|
|Machine Learning||Data Visualization||Statistics|
|Deep Learning||Capstone Design||Real Analysis I|
|Computer Vision||Real Analysis II|
|Topics in ML/CV||Mathematics of Data Science|
- CSE 5522: Survey of Artificial Intelligence II: Advanced Techniques
- "Survey of advanced concepts, techniques, and applications of artificial intelligence, including knowledge representation, learning, natural language understanding, and vision."
- CSE 3902: Project: Design, Development, and Documentation of Interactive Systems
- "Intensive group project involving design, development, and documentation of an interactive software system, a 2D interactive game; communication skills emphasized; builds programming maturity."
- CSE 5523: Machine Learning and Statistical Pattern Recognition
- "Introduction to basic concepts of machine learning and statistical pattern recognition; techniques for classification, clustering and data representation and their theoretical analysis."
- CSE 5526: Introduction to Neural Networks
- "Survey of fundamental methods and techniques of neural networks; single- and multi-layer perceptrons; radial- basis function networks; support vector machines; recurrent networks; supervised and unsupervised learning."
- MATH 4570: Applied Algebraic Topology
- "The course will serve as an introduction to algebraic topology, with a view toward persistent homology of point clouds for applications to data analysis. In order to keep the material accessible to a wide audience, an emphasis will be placed on homology of simplicial complexes over a field. We will focus on building up intuition about what homology measures through concrete examples. We will then move on to the more specialized notion of persistent homology of persistence modules. Real-world applications to data analysis will be provided."
- CSE 5524: Computer Vision for Human-Computer Interaction
- "Computer vision algorithms for use in human-computer interactive systems; image formation, image features, segmentation, shape analysis, object tracking, motion calculation, and applications."
- CSE 5544: Introduction to Data Visualization
- "Principles and methods for visualizing data from measurements and calculations in physical and life sciences, and transactional and social disciplines; information visualization; scientific visualization."
- STAT 4202: Introduction to Mathematical Statistics II
- "Decision theory, point and interval estimation, Neyman-Pearson lemma, likelihood ratio tests, tests for means, variances, and proportions, nonparametric tests, regression, and ANOVA."
- MATH 6211: Real Analysis I
- "Measures; integration; introduction to normed linear spaces; introduction to L^p spaces; Fourier analysis; signed measures and differentiation."
- CSE 5525: Foundations of Speech and Language Processing
- "Fundamentals of natural language processing, automatic speech recognition and speech synthesis; lab projects concentrating on building systems to process written and/or spoken language."
- CSE 5914: Capstone Design: Knowledge-Based Systems
- "Capstone design project; conceptual and technical design; theory and practice of knowledge-based systems; teamwork, written and oral communication skills."
- MATH 6211: Real Analysis II
- "Elements of functional analysis; properties and relations of L^p spaces and Fourier analysis; elements of the theory of distributions; selected applications."
- MATH 8610: Mathematics of Data Science
- "We will go through the topics of convex optimization, probability theory, dimensionality reduction, clustering in many dimensions, sparsity and its effects, and computability with occasional deviations up to the jurisdiction of the class."
- CSE 5539: Intermediate Topics in Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- "We will go through the modern methods of Machine Learning with a focus on Computer Vision investigating methods and topics including Generative Adversarial Networks, Cycle GANs, Semi-supervised Learning, Meta-Learning, Long-tailed Distributions, Object Detection, and Image Segmentation."